Many of our regular vendors return each year so anyone (including returning vendors) interested in vending at the festival must apply. If you are not selected, your booth fee will be refunded. If we get an opening, we will fill it according to our need to maintain a variety of options for the festival food booths.
The deadline to submit applications and pay the fees is March 15th, 2020. Contact Sarah@blissfest.org with any further questions.
Blissfest will collect 10% (5% for non-profit organizations) of your GROSS receipts before any deductions as an additional fee. Be prepared to show records of daily receipts and a weekend total so we can determine your fee. This fee is due no later than 30 days following the festival.
A late fee of $25 per month will be added to accounts not settled within the 30 day period. Vendors with outstanding fees at the end of the calender year will no longer be considered a vendor in good standing.
Blissfest's Expectations of Vendors
You will need to comply with Health Department regulations and they will inspect on Friday. Contact Northwest Michigan Health Dept. at (231) 347-6014 or office-3434 Harbor-Petoskey Rd, Harbor Springs, MI 49740. The temporary food application form for the Health Dept should be completed 2 weeks prior to the event or you risk being denied. Additional online information can be accessed at http://www.nwhealth.org/food-temp.html If you have further questions please call Sarah Reinfelder at (231) 348-7047 Email- Sarah@blissfest.org
- You must have your permit from the Health Dept. in advance of the festival so contact Liane at 231-347-6014 A.S.A.P. if you have not done so. http://www.nwhealth.org/food-temp.html
- Remember that all food vendors need to use 12 gauge or heavier SO type extension cords. The county electrical inspector will be around on Friday to assess compliance.
- A #10 ABC extinguisher is minimum and very inexpensive.The fire department will inspect Friday for fire extinguishers and propane tanks.
- Make sure you have one that is easy to access or you will be making an unnecessary trip into town. Also, the fire dept. will check to make sure any propane tanks are secure. Tanks can not be free standing. They must be attached to something to prevent tipping over. A t-post with a chain will work in a pinch.
Setup may begin on Weds. afternoon. Please call us to let us know when you need to come in.
Blissfest is trying to do its part to reduce, reuse and recycle. Last year the composting program did pretty well and we will again encourage food vendors to contribute to the compost bin. We will use this compost on our orchard trees and vegetable garden. Also, you are required to use the recycling program located behind the food area and dispose of cooking oil properly at our bio- diesel oil collection facility.
NO STYROFOAM DINNERWARE AT THE FESTIVAL
This year we again will prohibit food vendors from selling bottled water. Blissfest has expanded our own excellent well water distribution system to include drinking fountains and fill-up location in the concert area and near the vending area. Water containers will be made available and signs will be promoting the quality of our water.
Our own hospitality area will be using composting dinnerware again this year. We also encourage festival patrons to use their own dinnerware so we encourage vendors to accommodate them.
Arts and Craft Vendors
“Creativity is piercing the mundane to find the marvelous” – Bill Moyers
The arts & craft fair is open to amateur and professional artists and craftspeople who create their own works of arts/crafts. Our goal is to provide opportunities for these creators and innovators of traditional and contemporary arts and crafts to present their respective talents in a festival atmosphere of music and dance that affirms and honors our shared cultural heritage and diversity.
Booth Fee and selection committee Fee must be paid in order for your application to be considered complete. Applications without the fees paid will not be accepted.
- Booth spaces are 10′ x 10′ in size with the artists providing their own setup.
- Set up available beginning Thursday between 4 pm-9pm. and on Friday 9am-12.
- Booths must be attended from 10am-6pm on Sat. and 10am.-3pm. on Sunday.
- Friday and extended hours are optional.
- Only selected work will be eligible for sale.
- 10 x 20 (deep) booths are $140 extra
- NO power or Wifi provied for Craft Vending Booths
- No cannabis or paraphernalia booths (medical or recreational)
- There is no use of the name “Blissfest” on T-Shirts or other items for sale
- Artists and children are not allowed to walk around festival grounds to solicit sales.
- Camping is available on site and you can set up and service your booth with a vehicle.
- Separate parking and camping are available. We strongly recommend sharing a spot with other vendor friends so we can fit everyone in.
- Each exhibitor will be responsible for collecting the 6% MI sales tax if it applies to them. For more information, you may contact the MI Department of Treasury at 1-517-636-4730.
- Sorry, no pets are allowed
Blissfest Music Organization features a healing arts area at the annual three-day festival, this year’s dates are July 10-12, 2020. The healing arts area is focused on presenting traditional and integrated health practitioners who provided services and products that advance our collective understanding of traditional, alternative and complementary approaches to health and body care. We are looking for experienced professionals dedicated to improving the health and well-being of our festival goers If you are a practitioner in body work, psychic reading, crystal therapies, naturopathy, homeopathy, herbal therapy and body care products this area is for you. Please, no tattoo or piercing artists. No cannabis or paraphernalia booths (medical or recreational). If your are interested or have questions Please contact the Blissfest Music Organization by calling the office at 231.348.7047 or emailing Sarah@blissfest.org.
If you are interested in participating or have any other questions please indicate on the application form, call the office at 231.348.7047 or email Sarah@blissfest.org.
Applications Coming Soon
Non-Profit Organizations are invited to participate in the Blissfest Festival and dispense information about their organization.The non-profit booth area is located just to the left (West) of the Main Stage area. Five and 10 ft spaces are available and there is room for 4-5 booths first come first serve. Organizations will need to provide their own setup.
For Non-Profit Booths there is no charge for the space but staff will need to purchase a wristband at normal price for entry.
The Blissfest will determine if the non-profit mission is compatible with the Blissfest mission and values.
For more information contact Sarah Reinfelder- Operations Manager at 231-348-7047.